Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First day of school

We finally bit the bullet and signed Avery up for kindergarten. We are still in VA Beach so there were some extra papers to fill out regarding shared residence, but she started today and it went great!

Here she is ready to go.
 


Charlie spotting the bus as it turns toward 'home'.
 


Smile on her face getting off the bus. Her first words were "I missed you mommy" but then went into how much fun she had in gym, riding the bus, etc.
 


While Avery was at school, I ran to the post office with only two kids! It was a breeze! And then we came back to Tracy's and while Jackson napped, Charlie and I baked muffins and read stories. It was great to finally have some time just for him. I think Charlie was a little sad to have Avery at school, but we'll all get into the routine quickly and I think he will enjoy the one on one time more each day.

The hardest part is going to be getting her on the bus by 7:30 every morning!

And while I expected to be a little sad about our little girl growing up and going to school, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself excited for her! Not sad at all. Excited for the new opportunities, new friends, new experiences.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pictures. I wish I could've been there to see her face. I'll see you all this weekend.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!